Sunday, May 15, 2011

The New Train

I noticed a nice large train in its original box recently at a garage sale marked just $10. In my head I could hear Sandy saying “We don’t need another train, especially one that big.” I decided to let the seller make my choice for me, so I asked the home owner if she would take $7, and she accepted my offer without hesitation. When we assembled the train at home Sandy observed that it still donned its original packing stickers. After spending another $10 on batteries, the locomotive screamed loudly to life complete with smoke puffing from the stack. The boys were in heaven! After listening to that extremely noisy toy for an hour I hypothesized that after its maiden appearance, the original owner’s mother hid this train in the closet for years and was willing to take any offer to banish it from her life. Toot, Toot!

No comments: