Monday, January 24, 2011

Forming our own Boy Band

Pa played guitar, so I wanted to also. I received an old used Kay brand guitar about the time I started school. Once I mastered the basic cords, I received a better model for my 11th birthday. Sports were more important than music to me through high school, but after I hung up my cleats, I picked up my guitar more often. Santa brought me this Fender guitar for my 21st Christmas and we have been friends ever since. When the boys came along, the guitar went into the closet. Like me, they wanted to play it like Daddy and the old guitar is too delicate for them right now. I got it out of the closet the other day and as soon as the boys heard me, they ran to the piano and started pounding away and singing. I hope one day they will learn how to play instruments, and together we’ll make wonderful music.

No comments: